Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Obama's Afghanistan Plan

Last night, Obama addressed the nation saying that he would plan to withdraw all troops in late 2011, but he wants to give Afghanistan an " quick punch" before he even considers setting a more precise date of withdrawing. The public and big name officials surrounding Obama said that they do not believe that this plan will work. Although Obama said that this war will not be another Vietnam and that he will not be a clone of his predecessor, some say that he is making the same exact move.

I personally don't know a solution to what we should do in the war so I don't feel that I have an opinion. I think that there is a lot going on in Afghanistan that the public does not know about; information that the government has on a "need to know" basis. I can't help but feel bad for the families affected by the war, but at the same time I don't want another 9/11 to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment